Over the past ten years, in response to a greatly-increased need for foundation drilling across the nation, Tri-State Drilling has hired many new employees and purchased new, state-of-the-art drilling equipment. New personnel are brought up to speed quickly, not just in job skills, but in safety. Today, thanks to the diligence of our Safety Department and the conscientious efforts of our employees, Tri-State has a safety track record of which we are rightfully proud.
Safety results like ours require on-going commitment, vigilance and strict adherence to company safety rules. From the first agenda item at management's weekly meeting to the early morning "toolbox" meeting at job sites, Tri-State maintains a "safety first" approach. These meetings are reinforced by positive action. Our Safety Managers make site visits, audits, and train employees to work safely. Project superintendents and foremen are trained to eliminate on-the-job hazards. Employees learn OSHA rules and learn how to provide medical assistance.
Tri-State Drilling is, and always has been, a family-oriented business. After working hard in the field all week, it is a company priority that each employee return home, in good health, to enjoy free time with family and friends.
Safety and Environmental Programs:
- OSHA 10 Hour
- Certified SWPP Inspectors
- First Aid
- Confined Space/ Down Hole Entry
- D.O.T Training
- Weekly Toolbox Topics
- Daily Job Hazard Analysis
- Accident, Incident, Near Miss and Root Cause Investigation
- Weekly Senior Management Review of Incidents
- Return to Work Program
- Drug & Alcohol Testing Program
- Mandatory PPE Requirements
- Recordable Incident Reviews
- Project Site Audits
- Subcontractor prequalification
- Hazard Communication
- Employee Safety Handbook
- Competent Person Training
- Fall Protection and Prevention
- Annual Safety Training Day Exposition
- New Hire and Project Safety Orientation
- ADSC 2007 Most-Improved Safety Program Award
- ADSC 2012 Outstanding Safety Program Contracted & Member
Tri-State Drilling strives to complete our work in a productive, safe and professional manner. The safety of our employees is our greatest responsibility—along with safeguarding of company and customer property. Safety is an integral part of how we do business; therefore we have adopted a comprehensive plan to carry out that philosophy.
The policy of Tri-State is to provide a safe working environment—free of unrecognized hazards and as free as possible of hazards that we are able to re-engineer out of existence—and to provide adequate safety devices and all required training to all employees. We strive to create safety awareness among our employees so that each individual understands that he or she has the ultimate responsibility to work safely. Even in an otherwise safe working environment, unsafe work practices by an individual can lead to accidents. Our safety goals can be boiled down to:
1) eliminating unsafe practices and
2) recognizing and removing conditions that cause safety incidents. In furtherance of these goals, it shall be the policy of our company to:
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations governing the workplace.
- Take expedient action to correct or isolate unsafe conditions or work practices.
- Promote safety awareness.
- Hold each employee accountable for his or her individual responsibility for safety.
- Encourage our employees, without fear of reprisal, to inform their supervisor immediately when unsafe conditions are present.
- Take every reasonable precaution to ensure that employees can accomplish the safe completion of all assigned tasks.
We operate with the philosophy that professionalism, safety and productivity are intertwined and complementary. Compliance with Tri-State Health and Safety Program is necessary at all times. At Tri-State Drilling we embrace a culture of safety and rely on each other to make it safe and keep it safe.