Duties and responsibilities
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes and enter invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and assists with closing the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts daily, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Assists Accounting Manager in the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field, required.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with coworkers from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work with Tri-State to create an inclusive environment where all are welcomed.
- Some travel is required.
- In Office environment
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Tri-State Drilling has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness. Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other status category by applicable law. People with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.