As a shop mechanic, you will maintain and repair heavy equipment in our fleet. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the reliability, safety, and optimal performance of our equipment. This position requires strong technical expertise and a commitment to maintaining a well-functioning equipment fleet.
Duties and responsibilities
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair:
- Maintain and repair the company’s equipment, including drill rigs, boom trucks, cranes, loaders, and other heavy machinery.
- Conduct regular inspections and diagnostic assessments to identify and address mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues promptly.
- Communicate with vendors and repair facilities to ensure timely and cost-effective repairs are completed.
- Utilize advanced troubleshooting skills to minimize downtime and maximize equipment efficiency.
- Field and make calls to crew members in the field to ensure equipment is operating properly or to support troubleshooting efforts.
- Parts Inventory and Procurement:
- Manage inventory levels of spare parts and consumables to support maintenance needs.
- Contact suppliers to procure quality parts at competitive prices.
- Making positive relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure long term relationships.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of inventory and parts usage.
- Safety and Compliance:
- Uphold and enforce safety protocols and standards in all maintenance activities.
- Stay informed about industry regulations and ensure compliance with relevant safety guidelines.
- Ensure all equipment is compliant with state and federal regulations.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance, repairs, and inspections in Equipment 360.
- Communicate effectively with management regarding equipment status and maintenance needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a Mechanic in the construction or heavy equipment industry.
- In-depth knowledge of construction equipment, including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Current CDL-A license.
- Currently certified as a vehicle inspector in the State of Minnesota, or open to becoming certified upon hire.
- Must currently be a member of the Operating Engineers Union, or willing to join the Operating Engineers Union upon hire.
- Demonstrated ability to work with coworkers from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work with Tri-State to create an inclusive environment where all are welcomed.
- Wear all the required and relevant protective equipment appropriate for the work performed.
- Work in a non-air-conditioned shop environment and outside in all weather conditions.
- Occasional travel required.
- This can be a labor-intensive position. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, twist crawl and stand for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to pass a company paid physical, drug screen and driver’s license screening.
Tri-State Drilling has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness. Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other status category by applicable law. People with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.