Assists the On-Site Safety Manager in all safety related matters. Responsible for field functions necessary to support Tri-State Drilling at an assigned jobsite.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident responses as needed.
- Coordinate and present safety training to support Tri-State Drilling LLC and client requirements, including planning, documentation, and presentation. This may include New Hire Orientation, Fall Protection, Confined Space, Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory, etc.
- Provide Safety Leadership creating enthusiasm and participation among management and craft workers, resulting in excellent safety performance.
- Input and review incident reports
- Assist in the execution of the jobsite safety plans.
- Work directly with the Site Manager and the management team to develop and implement and maintain an effective site-specific safety plan.
- Communicate between Tri-State Drilling LLC and client management regarding safety matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of construction experience and ability to work in the outdoor environment and around related equipment.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Tri-State Drilling LLC’s Safety principles.
- Functional computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Type and write reports with accuracy and appropriate grammar.
- Able to speak and write clearly.
- Must have knowledge of hazard recognition, record keeping and injury management skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with coworkers from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work with Tri-State to create an inclusive environment where all are welcomed.
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme heat
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Tri-State Drilling has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness. Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other status category by applicable law. People with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.