Love working on heavy equipment? Were you that kid that took apart everything? Like to travel? Then the Field Mechanic who maintains and repairs company equipment on our job sites might be your dream job! This is a critical position within our company as the Field Mechanic ensures our equipment performs in peak condition and is able to travel and perform at each job site.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain our heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment; Innovate with new ideas and methods.
- High School graduate or GED; Minimum 2 years' experience with Heavy Truck and/or Heavy Equipment. Technical education a plus.
- Current CDL-A license with Tanker endorsement.
- Ability to use electronic diagnostic equipment with a thorough understanding of hydraulics
- You have excellent mechanical skills and are a pro at understanding the needs of our equipment.
- Must have own tools; Tool replacement allowance provided after one year of employment.
- You may work in a non-air conditioned shop environment and/or outside in all weather conditions.
- Must have steel toe boots; allowance provided after one year of employment.
- Travel is required; Per diem and travel expenses are paid by the company.
- Must be able to navigate rugged terrain; This can be a labor intensive position, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, twist, crawl and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to pass company paid physical, drug screen, and driver's license screenings
- Strictly adhere to all safety requirements, not only for yourself, but for the team around you as well.