The Field Mechanic is a critical position within our company as this person ensures our equipment performs in peak condition and is able to travel and perform at each job site.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain our heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment; Innovate with new ideas and methods.
- Test equipment.
- 2-year Heavy Equipment degree and 5 years heavy equipment experience preferred.
- Current CDL-A license with Tanker endorsement.
- Ability to use electronic diagnostic equipment with a thorough understanding of hydraulics.
- You have excellent mechanical skills and are a pro at understanding the needs of our equipment.
- Travel is required; Per diem and travel expenses are paid by the company.
- Strictly adhere to all safety requirements, not only for yourself, but for the team around you as well.
- Inside and outside work; temperatures could vary.
- You may work in a non-air-conditioned shop environment and/or outside in all weather conditions.
- Standard safety gear required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to navigate rugged terrain; This can be a labor-intensive position, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, twist, crawl and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to pass company paid physical, drug screen, and driver's license screenings.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Tri-State Drilling has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness. Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other status category by applicable law. People with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.