The magic happens when the Driller operates the drill rig on assigned project sites and manages the crew. Great care is taken when the foundation is drilled to the proper dimensions and the concrete poured to meet established standards and project specifications. The position travels but, the difference between us and other firms is, our employees are home for the weekend!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by following and enforcing standard procedures
- Understand the bid and the contract
- Coordinate all work according to the schedule
- Communicate regularly with the general superintendent and project manager
- Ensure the timely coordination of material deliveries
- Ensures locates are accomplished
- Assist the team with duties as needed to support the project
High School graduate or GED, or five plus years construction experience.
- Minimum 3 years as a driller.
- Must be age 21+ for out of state driving.
- Must have a valid class A CDL license with Tanker endorsement.
- Regular travel inter- and intrastate is required; per diem and travel expenses are paid by the company.
- Must have Steel Toe Boots; allowance for new ones after one year of employment.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Ability to give clear direction. Communicates in a positive manner.
- Must be able to navigate rough terrain; Work in all types of weather; Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass company paid physical, drug screen, hearing and driver's license screenings
- Good decision making skills; operate without supervision and work well within your team.
- Strictly adhere to all safety requirements, not only for yourself but for the team around you as well.