The purpose of the Laborer position is to be the Driller's helper. Laborers are the eyes and hands of the driller on the ground and the labor to keep things moving. The work is hard, but the Laborer is used to it. Keeping things on schedule, keeps the project running smoothly. The position travels, but the difference between us and other firms is, our employees are home for the weekend!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify hazards of the worksite and communicate those to the crew chief.
- Ensure tools and equipment are job-ready on a daily basis; Understand tool selection.
- Monitor hole for changing conditions and communicate any to the driller.
- Help with setting casing; Assist in pouring and finishing concrete.
- Clean up the job site and mobilize equipment site to site.
- General shop duties as required.
- Assist the team with duties as needed to support the project.
- High School diploma or GED, preferred.
- Experience around heavy equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Must be age 21+ for out of state driving.
Must have a valid class A CDL license with Tanker endorsement.
- Regular travel inter/intrastate is required; per diem and travel expenses are paid by the company.
- Must have Steel Toe Boots; allowance for new ones after one year of employment.
- This can be a labor intensive position, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, twist, crawl, and stand for long periods of time.
- Make good decisions, think out of the box, work well with the team, anticipate job requirements.
- Ability to pass company paid physical, drug screen, and driver's license screenings.
- Strictly adhere to all safety requirements, not only for yourself but for the team around you as well.