The CFO is accountable to drive and manage all Finance, Accounting, and IT functions of our company. The CFO will lead the development and implementation of all processes and systems supporting the financial control of the company. The CFO will be an integral part of the executive team.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies together with CPA firm
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Define finance process and system needs based on business processes, customer requirements
- Interact with organization and external parties to ensure that processes are reflected in the system setup.
- Focuses on forward looking and emerging technology trends within and across business and IT capabilities
- Works closely with the business to understand business strategies and plans and develops technology roadmaps and establishes IT investment strategy
- Ensure that needed technology infra structure is in place to support the business
Operations and Leadership:
- Manage the Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, and IT functions
- Oversee the financial operations of any entities and departments
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices and follow up with various departments
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Develop and prepare financial information for owners and Board of Directors
- Work with all areas of the organization to ensure financial control is in place
- Develop products and solutions that support the competitive positioning of the company in the marketplace.
- Stay updated on best-in-class solutions and cross-functional applications and use knowledge to develop related functionality for the company.
- Identify and prioritize IT project resources, roles, and responsibilities of the project team members
- Ensure all company processes are followed for all departments
- Provides client and internal project status communication, risks, and impacts
- Business Change management support
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
Risk Management and funding:
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure appropriate IT security is in place
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the owners
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of relevant experience, preferably from a construction company.
- In-depth knowledge of data, IT systems and processes
- Five or more years of previous supervisory experience
- Best practice knowledge of ERP, GL, CRM software
- Strong understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition practices
- In-depth knowledge of process improvement, system support and delivering changes
- Experience in managing external providers of services and systems
- Experience working with external partners being company’s CPA, Bank, Bonding, & Insurance
- Extensive knowledge of employee related laws, rules, and regulations.
- Computer and systems savvy with extensive knowledge of finance and cost controlling systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,)
- Ability to develop and motivate both individuals and teams
- Strong drive and skill set to explore, learn, and train others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong prioritizing, multi-tasking, time management, and resource planning skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including diplomacy and tact a must
- This position typically works indoors in an office environment but will be exposed to a warehouse and trucking environments on regular basis.
Physical Requirements (ability to meet the following physical requirements):
- A variety of standing, sitting, driving, and walking throughout the day.
- Moderate travel to external customers and vendors as well as other company locations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computers and peripherals.